Something New Coming...
Hello We the Ppl community!
I'm very excited to announce a brand new expansion of We the Ppl! In this political climate more than ever, it is imperative for young people to have a platform to voice their thoughts when it comes to politics. Created to provide just that, We the Ppl would now like to expand its mission outside of New York City and - hopefully one day- outside the U.S.!
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting new phase of We the Ppl, please fill out the application form found here for one of the following positions:
- Ambassador: We the Ppl Ambassadors are in charge of spreading the podcast around their local community. This means sharing podcast episodes, blog posts, and events with friends and family, organizing live events in their local communities, and recruiting new members.
- Correspondent: Correspondents are, essentially, the creators of We the Ppl. Like Ambassadors, they are also responsible for sharing We the Ppl in their local communities, but they have the added ability to create and produce content. Correspondents' job is to interview friends or other community members, create their own episode, and upload it to the We the Ppl iTunes page. As a Correspondent, you would be responsible for covering local news in your community and adding it to the podcast.
- Editor: Editors are the people who clean up any content produced by Correspondents. They are responsible for making sure the sound quality, effects, and music are polished on each episode. They work behind the scenes to make sure that all the content on We the Ppl is of the highest possible quality. Skills with GarageBand and basic recording are preferred.
- Manager: This position is for teens with some previous experience in podcasts or blogs. Managers make sure all the moving pieces in the podcast are working together effectively. From sending out deadline reminder emails to recruiting new members, Managers are responsible for making sure that episodes are released regularly and effectively. Past experience required.
- Other: Since this expansion is in its early stage, we are happy to hear from people who are interested in participating in a role that isn't mentioned above!
Thank you for your support!